Lehigh Democrat State Representative Joe Brennan won’t be running for re-election after he was arrested for allegedly punching and choking his wife and wrestling her to the ground on the front porch of their house before driving away from the scene drunk.
He will, of course, stay in office until November 30, which I guess you get to do if you’re a Democrat who allegedly beats and chokes his wife and wrestles her to the ground before driving away drunk.
War on Women indeed.
Brennan was arrested for drunk driving last year with a blood alcohol level about 4 times the legal limit. He kept his seat after that, because, again, you’re allowed to do pretty much anything you want if you’re a Democrat and nobody blinks an eye.
Of course, the talk of the Morning Call’s story is not about how this Democrat lawmaker is accused of punching and choking his wife and then wrestling her to the ground before driving away drunk. It’s about who the Democrats will pick to replace him on the ballot.
The Morning Call’s question of the day is whether Todd Akin should drop out of his race.
Like That? You'll Probably Like These.
- Slow Joe: My Base, You’ll Be Arrested For Improper Voting In November
- No, Mitt Romney Doesn’t Think Airplane Windows Should Open For Oxygen
- Joe Sopic Decided Against Insuring His Wife At New Job
- GOP Finally Highlights Boockvar’s Mumia Abu-Jamal Ties
- Anti-Romney Steel Worker Of Dead Wife Fame Admits Being Offered Buyout