While pretending to be an Indian Princess, Elizabeth Warren appears to have also been practicing law as a pretend lawyer in Massachusetts. Although she has, at times, been licensed in Texas and New Jersey, it doesn’t look like she’s ever been licensed in Massachusetts, where she’s been running a practice out of her university office since the 1990s.
Law professor William A. Jacobson details the case against the self-proclaimed intellectual founder of the violent and failed Occupy movement at his blog Legal Insurrection.
As detailed below, there are at least two provisions of Massachusetts law Warren may have violated. First, on a regular and continuing basis she used her Cambridge office for the practice of law without being licensed in Massachusetts. Second, in addition to operating an office for the practice of law without being licensed in Massachusetts, Warren actually practiced law in Massachusetts without being licensed.
Warren refused to disclose the full extent of her private law practice when asked by The Boston Globe. If Warren denies that she has practiced law in Massachusetts without a license, Warren should disclose the full extent of her private law practice. The public has a right to assess whether Warren has failed to comply with the most basic requirement imposed on others, the need to become a member of the Bar of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in order to practice law in and from Massachusetts.
Jacobson’s case is thoroughly researched and highly detailed, and I don’t want to rip any of it off to post here. It’s worth the click to read the whole thing. He has 6 basic points.
1. Warren Is Not Licensed To Practice Law In Massachusetts
2. Warren Used Her Cambridge Office as Her Law Office
3. Warren Was Practicing Law From Her Cambridge Office
4. If Warren Was Practicing Law From Her Cambridge Office She Violated Massachusetts Law
5. Harvard Law School Warns Its Students Against The Unauthorized Practice of Law
6. Warren’s Possible Practice Of Law Without A License Requires Full Disclosure Prior To The Election
Warren should disclose the full scope of her private law practice. Perhaps there are facts not publicly available which will demonstrate that Warren was not engaged in the practice of law in Massachusetts when she earned $212,000 from Travelers, plus other fees from others who sought out her legal expertise dating back to the 1990s.
Like That? You'll Probably Like These.
- Coakley Coddled Curling Iron Child Rapist Cop
- Henry Louis Gates Arrest Radio Traffic Tapes Released
- Cop Obama Smeared As Racist Tried To Save NBA Star
- Republicans Idle As Kirk Keeps Voting In Brown’s Seat
- Ohio Government Computers Used To Smear Joe The Plumber