Arizona Senator Jon Kyl told a town hall meeting audience last week that, during a private meeting with Barack Obama, Obama told him that he was not securing the borders because, if he did, then Republicans would have no reason to support “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” which is government-speak for Amnesty.
The town hall took place on June 18.
Now that the President realizes that most Americans disapprove of the work he’s doing, it seems he’s come to the conclusion that the only way to stay in office in 2012 is to mint some new “American” voters.
[Kyl said that] the President told him, regarding securing the southern border with Mexico, “The problem is, . . . if we secure the border, then you all won’t have any reason to support ‘comprehensive immigration reform.’” [Audible gasps were heard throughout the audience.] Sen. Kyl continued, “In other words, they’re holding it hostage. They don’t want to secure the border unless and until it is combined with ‘comprehensive immigration reform.’”
The comment can be found about 3:20 into the video below.
Like That? You'll Probably Like These.
- Dummy Amnesty Supporters: Boycott Arizona Iced Tea!1!1!
- McCain Ready To Work With Obama On Immigration Reform
- Obama: “Being American Not A Matter Of Blood Or Birth”
- Obama: No Free Health Care For Illegals, So Let’s Give Them Amnesty And Make Them Legal
- Crucial Vote On DREAM Act Illegal Alien Amnesty Provision Today