Baltimore’s FOX affiliate reports on the growing scam surrounding “Obama Phones,” showing one woman who has 30 free, working cell phones paid for by your “Universal Service Charge.” These are some nice phones, too. I saw a couple of Blackberries in there. These aren’t cheap old phones.
Vans drive around Baltimore handing out these free phones to anyone who wants them, and many are sold on to drug dealers who need untraceable methods of communication. Use of the Obama Phones in Maryland has grown from 6,000 in 2008 to a whopping 231,000 in 2011.
The program was originally intended to provide free landline service so everyone could access 911. Now that its moved onto cell phones, it’s gotten out of control.
H/T: The Conservative Monster: Woman hoards “30″ Government Life line phones or Obama phones
Like That? You'll Probably Like These.
- What Is The Universal Service Fee? Free Cell Phones For Crack Heads!
- NAACP: We Don’t Want Those People To Be Mayor Of Baltimore
- Another Day, Another Public School Obama Indoctrination Song
- Please Do Not Criticize The Darlings Of The 47% [Video]
- Documents: ACORN Not Operating Legally In Maryland